How do I report a collision?

To report a collision in Kitsap County, you have one of three options:

1) Call 911 when it happens;

2) Call 911 after the fact and dispatch will attempt to send an officer to meet you at home or work (if on-island) to get the details and write a report. Tell the dispatcher it's not an emergency. This is not always a good option, because on-duty officers need to prioritize calls for service and an after-the-fact collision is not high priority.

3) Report the collision online through Washington State Patrol. Visit

Show All Answers

1. When is it okay to call 911?
2. How do I get a copy of my police report?
3. You have some of my belongings. How can I get them back?
4. Somebody tried to scam me. What do I do?
5. How do I report a collision?
6. How can I get one of the speed reader signs in my neighborhood?
7. Is there a way to report a crime online?