What do I do if I receive a ticket for a traffic infraction?

Read the entire front and back of your ticket. You should note that you must respond within 15 days from the date the ticket was issued. An infraction is not a criminal offense, but failure to respond can result in the suspension of your driver's license. You can respond by either mailing the ticket to the court or bringing it in person to the court office. Select one of the boxes on the ticket (payment or request for a mitigation or contested hearing) and verify your address. If you have lost your copy of the ticket, you may use the infraction response form.

Show All Answers

1. What do I do if I receive a ticket for a traffic infraction?
2. What is a mitigation hearing?
3. What is a contested hearing?
4. May I have a lawyer at a contested hearing?
5. Can I mitigate or contest my ticket by mail instead of appearing in court?
6. Can I keep my traffic ticket off my driving (Department of Licensing) record?
7. If I request a court hearing and later decide to pay my ticket do I have to appear for my court hearing?
8. Will a traffic infraction appear on my driving record?
9. What if I do not pay my ticket or appear for a hearing?
10. What about a no liability insurance ticket?
11. What if I can't pay my penalty all at once?