Can I view public administrative records in-person?

To view original or stored paper copies of administrative public records by completing the records request form and indicating you wish to view the records in-person. You will then need to make an appointment with the Public Records Officer to view the records at the court. While there are no charges or fees associated with viewing administrative records, there may be costs associated with the research necessary to find these records. See GR 31.1(h)(4) and cost discussion below.

Show All Answers

1. Does the Public Records Act apply to the Judicial Branch?
2. What is the purpose of Rule GR 31.1?
3. What judicial administrative records in Washington State are available to the public?
4. Why are some records not available to the public?
5. If a record is available to the public, why may portions of the record be blocked out (redacted)?
6. How long are administrative public records kept?
7. How do I request a record?
8. What is the Municipal Court's process for responding to the request?
9. What if I disagree with the decision of the Public Records Officer?
10. Can I view public administrative records in-person?
11. How can I get paper copies of records?
12. What is the cost of obtaining or viewing administrative records?
13. Does the public records officer keep track of requests for administrative public records?
14. Is the court responsible for what happens when other people use information they received from an administrative public record?