What if I sell my business?

The Business License issued is personal and non-transferable. No license shall allow another person to operate a business under the seller's license. The new owner must apply for a new license. To notify the City of sale of business, contact:

WA-DOR Business License
(360) 705-6741

Show All Answers

1. Who needs a City Business License?
2. How do I apply for or renew a City Business License?
3. Do I need a State of Washington Business License to obtain a City Business License?
4. How much does a City Business License cost?
5. Where do I post my Business License?
6. How do I renew my Business License?
7. Are there City Business and Occupation Taxes?
8. What if my business moves to a new location and/or the mailing address changes?
9. How do I cancel or close my Business License?
10. What if I sell my business?