Winslow Water Tank Replacement Project
The City of Bainbridge Island is seeking an engineering consultant for the design of the demolition and replacement of the City’s 1 MG standpipe reservoir with a 2 MG elevated tank reservoir.
The Winslow Water System serves 2,450 customers in the Winslow and Fletcher Bay areas. The system consists of a High-Pressure Zone and a Low-Pressure Zone. The source of supply for the water system is groundwater supplied by eleven active wells located at four well sites. The total storage available to the Winslow Water System is provided by the two High School reservoirs (1 MG and 1.5 MG). They are of the standpipe design and are hydraulically connected.
This project will provide for demolition and replacement of the older 1 MG reservoir with a 2 MG elevated reservoir. The 1.5 MG reservoir will be deactivated and left in place. A pre-development report on the water tank replacement project has been developed and submitted to the Washington State Department of Health for review and approval, which is anticipated before the end of the year.
Firms interested in pursuing this project are invited to submit a statement of qualifications (SOQ).
The deadline for this RFQ is 4:00 PM, December 17, 2021, Pacific Standard Time. Please email proposals to .
REQUIREMENTS FOR QUALIFICATION RESPONSES
- Identify each person involved with the project team including technical partners (architects, engineers, others), and briefly describe their respective roles, including:
- Information regarding the team member’s experience and qualifications.
- Resume of key team members.
- Description of how the team will be organized and led.
- Identify the project lead and their relationship to other members of the team.
- Describe the consultant’s relevant project experience with similar projects. Projects described must illustrate the consultant’s experience with preparing strategies and plans similar in scope to the proposed project.
Evaluation of RFQ responses will be based upon the following:
- Consultant Experience:
- Success in developing similar projects
- Quality of representative projects
- Qualifications of project team and key project managers
GENERAL PROVISIONS AND CONDITIONS
The City reserves the right to:
- Reject any and all responses.
- Waive minor irregularities in a response.
- Cancel, revise, or extend this solicitation.
- Request additional information on any response beyond that required by this RFQ
Proposals Due December 17, 2021
Consultant Interviews Week of January 17, 2022
Consultant Selected Week of January 24, 2022
Contract Executed February 22, 2022
The City of Bainbridge Island shall have the final decision on the selection.
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS, NOTIFICATIONS AND SCHEDULE
Interested consultants must submit an electronic copy of the response to the RFQ. There are no limitations on page amounts. The City will become owner of all submitted materials and will not pay any costs related to any responses to the RFQ.
Interviews of a select number of firms will be scheduled shortly after receipt of the SOQs.
All consultants must demonstrate compliance with the City’s insurance requirements at the time of contract approval.
The City reserves the right to modify the timeline and to issue addenda to this document.
Chris Munter, PE
City of Bainbridge Island
280 Madison Ave N
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Information
The City of Bainbridge Island in accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act (Section 504) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), commits to nondiscrimination on the basis of disability, in all its programs and activities. This material can be made available in an alternate format by emailing or by calling collect 206.842.2545.
Title VI Notice: The City of Bainbridge Island in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 78 Stat. 252, 42 U.S.C. 2000d to 2000d-4 and Title 49, Code of Federal Regulations, Department of Transportation, subtitle A, Office of the Secretary, Part 21, nondiscrimination in federally assisted programs of the Department of Transportation issued pursuant to such Act, hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively ensure that in any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises as defined at 49 CFR Part 26 will be afforded full opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, national origin or sex in consideration for an award.