Protection Orders

Persons interested in obtaining a protection order must petition in Kitsap Superior Court. The Municipal Court no longer has jurisdiction to hear protection order due to legislation that was passed in 2022 (Substitute House Bill 1901).

Modification or Termination of Existing Protection Orders issued by Municipal Court

Protection orders previously issued by the Municipal Court are still in effect. However, any requests to modify or terminate an existing order must be heard by a Kitsap County Superior Court Judge. 

This packet of instructions and forms will explain how to make your motion in Superior Court:

Motion to Modify or Terminate Protection Order

Kitsap Superior Court Clerk Pamphlet: "Protection Orders- Can the Legal System Help Safeguard me?"

Advocacy for Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault

Domestic Violence Cases

The YWCA is able to assist victims and petitioners with domestic violence cases. The advocate is available to assist people, offering crisis response, safety planning, legal advocacy and advocacy- based counseling. For additional information, contact: 360-479-0491 or the 24-hour crisis line 800-500-5513, or visit the YWCA Kitsap County website.

There may be some circumstances where the mediation process is an option to resolve your dispute. Kitsap Dispute Resolution Center offers these services.  

Additional Resources

Domestic Violence Safety Brochure (PDF)

King County site about obtaining a Domestic Violence Protection Order

King County site about obtaining a Stalking Protection Order

SAVIN Protective Order Brochure (PDF) - Be notified when your order is served on the respondent.

Sexual Assault Protection Order Brochure (PDF)

Stalking Brochure and Incident Log (PDF)