2022 Comprehensive Plan Amendments
The City of Bainbridge Island accepts requests to amend the Comprehensive Plan every three years. Applications to amend the Comprehensive Plan were accepted between January and February 2022. The amendment process is established by Bainbridge Island Municipal Code (BIMC) Chapter 2.16.190.
The City received 5 Comprehensive Plan Amendments (CPA) applications. The applications and other materials can be viewed in the City’s permitting database, linked below.
- Haggar Scribner Properties CPA (City Permit File PLN52152 CPA): Request for both map and policy amendments. A new overlay district (“Civic + Cultural Connection Overlay”) for two properties at the northwest corner of Winslow Way and Ericksen Avenue (187 Ericksen Avenue) is proposed, along with supporting Comprehensive Plan policy amendments.
- Lynwood Center Subarea CPA (City Permit File PLN52180 CPA): Request for both map and policy amendments. The proposal includes amendments to the Lynwood Center Subarea Plan to change the residential density regulations in the Neighborhood Center (NC) and Neighborhood Center / R-12 (NC/R-12) districts from units per acre to floor area ratio (FAR), as defined in BIMC 18.12.050.G.
- Puget Sound Energy (PSE) Port Madison Substation CPA (City Permit File PLN52101 REZ/CPA): Request for a map amendment to change the substation site (Day Road at SR305) from Residential-0.4 to Business/Industrial (B/I), concurrent with a request to change the district from R-0.4 to B/I on the City's Future Land Use Map and Official Zoning Map.
- PSE Murden Cove Substation CPA (City Permit File PLN51703 REZ/CPA): Request for a map amendment to change the Murden Cove Substation site (9582 Sportsman Club Road) from Residential-2 to Business/Industrial (B/I), concurrent with a request to change the district from R-2 to B/I on the City's Future Land Use Map and Official Zoning Map.
- PSE Winslow Substation CPA (City Permit File PLN52149 CPA): Request for a map amendment to change the substation site (Bucklin Hill Road) from Residential-0.4 to Business/Industrial (B/I), concurrent with a request to change the district from R-0.4 to B/I on the City's Future Land Use Map and Official Zoning Map.
The Planning Commission review of the 2022 CPAs is estimated to take place as follows:
- Study Session September 8: Lynwood Center Subarea CPA application
- Study Session October 13: All 3 PSE CPA applications
- Study Session October 27: Haggar Scribner Properties CPA application
- Public Hearing on all 5 CPAs: November 10
City Council review is estimated for late fall 2022. Meeting agendas can be viewed from the Agenda & Minutes section of the City’s website. Please submit all written public comment to email@example.com and indicate which CPA the comment is regarding in the subject line. City staff will forward all public comment to the Planning Commission and include it in the official record.
For further information about the PSE CPA’s, please contact Senior Planner Kelly Tayara at (206) 780-3787 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information regarding the Haggar Scribner and Lynwood CPAs, please contact Senior Planner Jennifer Sutton at (206) 780-3772 or email email@example.com.
To stay informed about the City’s review of the CPA applications, please subscribe to the Planning Department Notifications listserv. Please note that this listserv includes all Planning Department notifications which could mean as many as 1-2 extra emails per week from the Planning Department.