|COVID-19 NOTICE: Following recommendations to slow the speed of transmission of COVID-19, the City closed many of its facilities to the public, but will continue to provide essential services to our community. See below for Public Works Department Division contact information:|
Staff is available to respond by phone at 206-842-2016 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As part of our usual process, please call 911 for emergencies and after hours. Report non-emergencies through SeeClickFix.
- Development Engineering
- Counter hours are suspended until further notice. Please send all questions (with “DE Question” in the subject line) to email@example.com. A Development Engineering staff member will respond within 5 business days.
- Development Project support
- For all inspections, see above. Inspections will not be scheduled sooner than 2 business days after receipt of a request if received prior to noon, or 3 business days if received after noon. Appointment times may be longer depending on availability.
- For projects currently under review, contact the assigned Development Engineering staff. For submittals or resubmittals, please contact PCD.
- Capital Projects:
For Capital Projects, see link below for Project Manager contact information:
Water Testing drop off and pickup: With City Hall being closed due to the pandemic, the drop off and pick up of water sampling tests are unavailable and residents should call the labs directly, See below contact information:
- SPECTRA Laboratories
26276 12 Trees Lane, NW, Poulsbo, WA 98370; (360) 779-5141
- SOUND Microbiology Laboratory
8463 NE Koura Road, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110; (206) 842-2143
The Public Works Department plans, designs, constructs, operates, and maintains public improvements, facilities, and equipment owned by the City of Bainbridge Island and the public. The Department also monitors, assesses, and reports on the status of the Island’s natural public assets - water resources. The Department is comprised of three divisions, Administration, Engineering (including Water Resources), and Operations and Maintenance.
To view current and/or past projects, please click on “City Projects”
The Administration Division provides overall direction and management to the department. Work examples include capital project administration, contracts, permit processing, loans and grants, public records request, website content, work orders and public outreach.
The Engineering Division is responsible for the pre-design, design, and construction of all public improvements and implementation of the Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) (PDF) adopted by City Council each year.
- Development Engineering works with development projects to ensure that infrastructure needs and assets are a good fit project-wise and in accordance with the City’s Design Standards and requirements. Development Engineering assesses project designs and provides input, carries out site-visits, inspections, and accepts assets into City ownership.
- Water Resources Program monitors, analyses, and disseminates information about the island’s water resources. The program also oversees stormwater education, storm system maintenance, and regulatory compliance activities to meet the city’s municipal storm water permit.
The Operations and Maintenance Division provides services to the City’s infrastructure needs relating to streets, sidewalks, water, wastewater, and storm drains. The division also provides internal support for maintenance of city owned facilities and equipment.
To ensure that the physical infrastructure of the city’s buildings, facilities, roads, and utilities are built, repaired, and maintained in a fiscally responsible manner and within the guidelines of the Capital Facilities Plan of the Comprehensive Plan. Water Resources - To protect, restore, and enhance the Island’s water resources.
Title VI Notice
The City of Bainbridge Island fully complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related statutes and regulations in all programs and activities. Individuals requiring reasonable accommodations may request materials in alternate formats. For more information, visit the Title VI page.