Planning & Community Development Closed for Process Improvements on Thursday, June 17, 2021.
We appreciate your patience as we seek to improve our services.
Please note: Since Governor Inslee's Stay Home, Stay Safe Order,
we are only accepting electronic documents.
City facilities, including City Hall, Municipal Court, and the Police Station, will remain closed to the public until further notice pursuant to Gov. Jay Inslee’s “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” order.
Planning and Community Development (PCD) now requires appointments for consultations and submittal of building and land use permits.
Planners and Inspectors continue to be available by email and phone (see Staff Directory).
Building inspections may be scheduled by calling 206-780-3789 or e-mailing Inspections@bainbridgewa.gov.
The Online Permit Center allows you to do the following online:
- Check the status of a permit
- Apply for a permit (some restrictions apply)
- Schedule an inspection
- View inspection schedule
- Pay permit fees
- 2018 International Building Code (includes the 2018 International Existing Building Code, 2018 International Swimming Pool and Spa code, and 2009 ICC/ANSI A117.1)
- 2018 International Residential Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code (includes the 2018 International Fuel Gas Code, 2017 Liquefied Petroleum Gas Code (NFPA 58), and 2018 National Fuel Gas Code (NFPA 54) as it applies to LP Gas installations
- 2018 International Fire Code
- 2018 Uniform Plumbing Code
- 2018 Washington State Energy Code
- National Electrical Code (NFPA 70) -- Please see the Department of Labor and Industries for information on the adoption and amendment of the National Electrical Code.
Building Safety Month
Building Safety Month Proclamation