Use less energy
Building energy use was responsible for approximately 55% of 2018 community GHG emissions, primarily from residential electricity use. Propane and heating oil used for heating buildings and powering appliances also contribute to climate change. Taking steps to conserve energy can reduce GHG emissions, save money with lower energy bills, and make our indoor spaces healthier and more comfortable.
Save Energy with PSE’s Peak Energy Rewards Program
Puget Sound Energy customers on Bainbridge Island are now eligible for increased financial incentives on a variety of home upgrades through Peak Energy Rewards, a new pilot energy-efficiency program. Learn more in this PDF document (please visit the PSE website for the most up-to-date information and note that you will need to login to your PSE account to access the Peak Energy Rewards page on the PSE website). This voluntary pilot program uses smart technology to meet high energy demand during the coldest days of the year. When the demand is forecasted to peak, PSE smooths it out by adjusting your smart thermostat. This increases reliability and is designed to reduce the need for more new infrastructure. As a reward for participating, you’ll receive $75 annually and be eligible for increased rebates on home heating, water heating and weatherization. Please note: only customers living in Bainbridge Island who heat their home with electricity as the primary fuel source and have an AMI meter qualify for enrollment. Contact PeakEnergyRewards@pse.com or call 833-203-1947 for more information.
- Explore easy home energy-saving tips to reduce your home’s energy use.
- Identify energy saving opportunities in your home. PSE offers an online home assessment that can help you identify savings opportunities in your home. Log in at pse.com and click “My Usage”.
- Explore PSE rebates for energy efficient products and services to save money and energy.
- Get a heat pump. PSE customers can claim instant discounts on high-efficiency electric heat pump technologies.
- Weatherize your home to reduce the amount of air that leaks in and out of your home. Caulking and weatherstripping are two simple and effective air-sealing techniques to improve comfort and reduce energy use.
- Contact an Energy Advisor to learn about PSE's green options, including energy efficiency tips and rebates, contractor referrals, electric cars and renewable energy options. Call 1-800-562-1482, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or fill out an online form.