Submitting a Building or Land Use Permit Application
Appointments are no longer required to submit Building Permit or Land Use applications
The new permit submittal process:
- The applicant will email either a Building Permit Application or a Land Use Application form to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a case number.
- A Permit Specialist will use the information on the application provided to create a file with a case number.*
- Once the file is created, a Permit Specialist will email the applicant with their assigned case number as well as an access code for the online permit portal.
- The applicant will upload all required initial documents via the online permit portal.
- Once all required initial documents are uploaded, an invoice will be sent to the applicant.
- Once the invoice is paid, the application will be considered “submitted” and will be forwarded to the appropriate queue for review.**
This new process is intended to mimic the online application process. We are working to move ALL application submittals to the portal in the future.
*Every effort will be made to respond with a case number within 2 business days of receipt of an appropriate and complete application.
**Further information may be requested/required depending on the results of the review process.
Tips for success when submitting an application:
- All documents are required to be in PDF format.
- Plan sets are now required to be split into the following submittals -
- Architectural Plan Set
- Civil Plan Set
- Structural Plan Set
- Each plan set must be contained in one document, i.e., individual sheets comprising a plan set are no longer allowed.
- Please follow these naming conventions when submitting documents:
- When resubmitting plans, submit entire corrected set, do not extract and submit single pages
- The Process for Revisions:
- Email a revision form along with your documents to email@example.com.
- A permit specialist will upload your documents and change the status to “info received”. This will put the permit back into the reviewers queue for review.