COVID-19 Vaccine Information
The City of Bainbridge Island, in partnership with the Bainbridge Island Fire Department and Bainbridge Prepares, is coordinating with Bainbridge Island Community Pharmacy on COVID-19 vaccine distribution. As of October 9, this partnership has supported the administration of over 44,500 doses to eligible individuals from Kitsap and surrounding counties.
Per the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/stay-up-to-date.html People ages 6 years and older can get a different product for their updated (bivalent) booster than they received for their primary series or last booster. People ages 6 years and older can no longer get an original (monovalent) mRNA (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) booster.
The City of Bainbridge Island, in partnership with the Bainbridge Island Fire Department, Bainbridge Prepares, and the Bainbridge Island Community Pharmacy will hold a pediatric booster clinic for six month-to-five-year-olds on Saturday, July 9 at the Commodore Options Lower Gym.
First dose appointments only are available only for children in this age range. Appointments are open online at our Clinic Registration site.
We will only be offering the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine in the morning, with follow-on 2nd dose and booster clinics for that vaccine in the future.
If there is enough demand for the morning Pfizer appointments and they begin to fill up, we will likely offer an afternoon clinic as well with Moderna appointments. However, there are no guarantees that we will offer one. In lieu of that, if you desire the Moderna vaccine for your child you may try the Kitsap Children's Clinic that is planning a Moderna clinic on Monday, June 27th.
Washington State Vaccine Locater
For individuals needing to locate other types of Moderna or Pfizer doses, please check the Vaccine Finder here: Vaccinate WA: COVID-19 Vaccine Availability
If you have lost your CDC COVID vaccination card the best way to get a copy of your immunization record is to visit https://wa.myir.net/ or email email@example.com to obtain proof of vaccination. Do not request a replacement card from the vaccine provider. The federal government did not provide extra CDC cards and vaccine providers are not able to provide a duplicate.
If you are unable to locate your vaccine record through https://wa.myir.net/ or get assistance through the Department of Health, check with your primary care provider. They have access to your immunization record and may be able to help. The state has also released a document with additional information on accepted proof of vaccinations.
All Washington residents 5 and older are currently eligible for the COVID-19 vaccination.
- Go to covidbi.timetap.com
- Read the instructions on the homepage, then click next
- Select the Commodore Clinic as your location
- DO NOT BOOK AN APPOINTMENT AT CHIMACUM, UNLESS YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF JEFFERSON COUNTY
- Select COVID-19 First Dose (Bainbridge Islan)
- Select your desired appointment date and time
- Complete Your Information section and verify that you have entered the correct email and phone number
- SAVE your request
- Additional instructions on booking an appointment are available here: Booking your first appointment - TimeTap Client Booking - TimeTap Documentation (atlassian.net)
If you know of eligible individuals living on Bainbridge Island who do not have internet access or email, the Senior Community Center and Island Volunteer Caregivers will help make an appointment. Please contact the Senior Center at 206-842-1616 or Island Volunteer Caregivers at 206-842-4441 for more information.
We will review your request before confirming your appointment. PLEASE do not show up at the Senior Center or Commodore Options School without confirmation of your appointment (an email confirmation will be sent to the email you provide upon registration).
Our vaccine clinics are largely supported by City of Bainbridge Island emergency management volunteers. We have activated our Medical Reserve Corps, Community Emergency Response Team, Bainbridge Island Emergency Medical Responders and other general emergency management volunteers to support this effort. We could not offer this resource to our community without their help.
There has been an overwhelming amount of phone calls and emails to all partners involved in the vaccine distribution on Bainbridge Island. We ask that you please do not email or call the City, Bainbridge Island Fire Department, Bainbridge Prepares, Community Pharmacy, Member Plus Family Health or Virginia Mason to check your eligibility. Thank you for your understanding.
- Am I eligible to receive the vaccine?
- How do I get vaccinated?
- Which vaccine is available on Bainbridge Island?
- How much does the vaccine cost?
- Is there a waitlist?
- Do I still need to wear my mask after I am vaccinated?
- Why don’t some providers currently have vaccines?
- When will providers know if they will be receiving vaccines?
- Can I get vaccinated if I’m not a current patient of the Bainbridge Island providers?
- Do I have to go to the same provider for my second shot of the COVID vaccine?