COVID-19 Vaccine Information
The City of Bainbridge Island, in partnership with the Bainbridge Island Fire Department and Bainbridge Prepares, is coordinating with Bainbridge Island Community Pharmacy on COVID-19 vaccine distribution. As of October 2, this partnership has supported the administration of over 28,500 doses to eligible individuals from Kitsap and surrounding counties.
The group continues to monitor approvals for 5- to 11-year-olds, and will adjust vaccine clinics as needed to meet the needs of the community.
Our next clinic will be held on Saturday, October 30 at the Commodore Options Lower Gym. We are waiting to determine if this will be a booster clinic or 5- to11-year- olds clinic, depending on current approvals. We also anticipate holding clinics on Saturday, November 6 and Saturday, November 20. Appointments will be posted online here: https://covidbi.timetap.com/#/ when a determination has been made.
If you are currently eligible for a Pfizer booster, you can call the Bainbridge Island Community Pharmacy to determine availability or make an appointment at Rite Aid or Walgreens. Information on additional vaccine providers is posted online here: Local_COVID_Vaccine_Provider_List.pdf (kitsappublichealth.org)
For individuals needing to locate a first dose of Moderna or Pfizer, please check the Vaccine Finder here: Vaccinate WA: COVID-19 Vaccine Availability
Lose Your CDC Card?
If you have lost your CDC COVID vaccination card the best way to get a copy of your immunization record is to visit https://wa.myir.net/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain proof of vaccination. Do not request a replacement card from the vaccine provider. The federal government did not provide extra CDC cards and vaccine providers are not able to provide a duplicate.
If you are unable to locate your vaccine record through https://wa.myir.net/ or get assistance through the Department of Health, check with your primary care provider. They have access to your immunization record and may be able to help. The state has also released a document with additional information on accepted proof of vaccinations.
All Washington residents 16 and older are currently eligible for the COVID-19 vaccination.
- Go to covidbi.timetap.com
- Read the instructions on the homepage, then click next
- Select the Commodore Clinic as your location
- DO NOT BOOK AN APPOINTMENT AT CHIMACUM, UNLESS YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF JEFFERSON COUNTY
- Select COVID-19 First Dose (Bainbridge Islan)
- Select your desired appointment date and time
- Complete Your Information section and verify that you have entered the correct email and phone number
- SAVE your request
- Additional instructions on booking an appointment are available here: Booking your first appointment - TimeTap Client Booking - TimeTap Documentation (atlassian.net)
If you know of eligible individuals living on Bainbridge Island who do not have internet access or email, the Senior Community Center and Island Volunteer Caregivers will help make an appointment. Please contact the Senior Center at 206-842-1616 or Island Volunteer Caregivers at 206-842-4441 for more information.
We will review your request before confirming your appointment. PLEASE do not show up at the Senior Center or Commodore Options School without confirmation of your appointment (an email confirmation will be sent to the email you provide upon registration).
Our vaccine clinics are largely supported by City of Bainbridge Island emergency management volunteers. We have activated our Medical Reserve Corps, Community Emergency Response Team, Bainbridge Island Emergency Medical Responders and other general emergency management volunteers to support this effort. We could not offer this resource to our community without their help.
There has been an overwhelming amount of phone calls and emails to all partners involved in the vaccine distribution on Bainbridge Island. We ask that you please do not email or call the City, Bainbridge Island Fire Department, Bainbridge Prepares, Community Pharmacy, Member Plus Family Health or Virginia Mason to check your eligibility. Thank you for your understanding.
- Am I eligible to receive the vaccine?
- How do I get vaccinated?
- Which vaccine is available on Bainbridge Island?
- How much does the vaccine cost?
- Is there a waitlist?
- Do I still need to wear my mask after I am vaccinated?
- Why don’t some providers currently have vaccines?
- When will providers know if they will be receiving vaccines?
- Can I get vaccinated if I’m not a current patient of the Bainbridge Island providers?
- Do I have to go to the same provider for my second shot of the COVID vaccine?