Do you have any unused or expired prescription drugs? Please consider disposing your pills at BIPD's Prescription Drug Take Back event on Saturday, April 27.
The event will happen 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the BIPD police station, located at 625 Winslow Way East.
- Please do not bring sharps to this event, which is specifically for collecting unwanted medications only.
- Controlled and non-controlled prescription substances (including over-the-counter substances) will be accepted.
- You may deposit loose pills directly into the disposal box or submit the entire container. If you dispose of the entire container, we encourage you to remove personal information from the prescription label by either removing it or obscuring it with a permanent marker.
- Intravenous solutions, injectables, syringes, or medical waste WILL NOT be accepted.
- All participants must retain possession of their own medication during the surrender process. Law enforcement personnel may not handle the medications at any time.
The BIPD is hosting this event in partnership with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).
In addition, usual methods for disposing of unused medicines- flushing them down the toilet or throwing them in the trash- pose potential safety and health hazards. For more information about the disposal of prescription drugs or about the April 27 Take Back event, click here.