Priority Based Budgeting
Priority Based Budgeting (PBB) provides a way to compare community values with the programs and services a government entity provides. PBB helps the City of Bainbridge Island and community:
- Identify key Council and community goals;
- Evaluate the impacts of these goals on city programs and services; and
- Engage in strategic decision-making regarding funding for services and/or changes to service levels for current programs and services.
PBB helps the community and City employees understand the City’s use of its limited resources. This method of budgeting contributes to the City’s long-term financial sustainability by encouraging explicit choices. These choices help the City develop a strategic budget that reflects our community values and ensures a high level of City service to residents.Community and Governance Results
As a result of Council discussions, staff input, and consultant review, six strategic priorities were identified for the City of Bainbridge Island and serve as the basis for the City's PBB. The resulting critical areas where the City will focus its efforts are:
- Safe City
- Green, Well-Planned Community
- Reliable Infrastructure and Connected Mobility
- Healthy and Attractive Community
- Vibrant Economy
- Good Governance
The PBB Summary Report presents the City's overall PBB resource alignment and community costs for each resulting critical area. The report also outlines department budgets using tables to sort and group each department's programs to detail the degree to which the programs align overall with resulting PBB critical areas.